Walnut is a business-friendly community willing and able to assist business owners. We offer easy access to four counties and we are conveniently located near three major freeways and a bustling Metrolink station.
The Economic Development Team is ready to assist you with the following:
- How to start a Business in Walnut;
- Finding a location - The City maintains a database of available sites that just might match your expansion or relocation needs;
- If you need demographic information about the City's residents and employees, you can get it quick through our office;
- Training Resources - The City can get you training and workshop resources through our close relationship with Mt. San Antonio College's Small Business Development Center;
- Safety - the City and the Sheriff's Department work with our local businesses to address issues such as vandalism, theft, parking enforcement, and fraud;
- Marketing and Promotion - The City actively promotes our business through an ongoing "Shop In Walnut" advertising and publicity campaign ;
- Business Directory - The City maintains an updated Business Directory on its website for residents. This directory listing is free to businesses;
- Assistance with even the smallest issue, parking, traffic flow, enforcement issues, etc.
The Economic Development Department is proud of its past successes. Here are just a few examples of our successful programs:
- Monument Sign Program
- Property Center Improvements - The City contributed close to $1 million towards retail center facade improvements.
- Small Business Loan Program - The City worked with a local bank to qualify and assisted with loans to small business owners
- Marketing Programs -The City has partnered with the business community to produce business calendars, a free Christmas wreath promotion, a continuing “Shop in Walnut” campaign, California Dreamin’, and Team Walnut discount cards
- Quarterly newsletters – A quarterly newsletter with pertinent City and business information was sent to all City residents